We are members of the AACC
(American Association of Christian Counselors) and as such, subscribe to their Statement of Faith and practice which is as follows:
• There exists only one God, creator and sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and externally co-existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired, inerrant and trustworthy Word of God, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of human beings, and the final authority for all matters about which it speaks.
• Human nature derives from two historical personas, male and female, created in God’s image. They were created perfect but they sinned, plunging themselves and all human beings into sin, guilt, suffering and death.
• The substitutionary death of Jesus Christ and his bodily resurrection provide the only ground for justification, forgiveness, and salvation for all who believe. Only those who trust in Him alone are born of the Holy Spirit and are true members of the Church; only they will spend eternity with Christ.
• The Holy Spirit is the agent of regeneration and renewal for believers in Jesus Christ. He makes the presence of Jesus Christ real in believers, and He comforts, guides, convicts, and enables believers to live in ways that honor Christ.
• Ministry to persons acknowledges the complexity of humans as physical, social, psychological, and spiritual beings. The ultimate goal of Christian counseling is to help others move to personal wholeness, interpersonal competence, mental stability and spiritual maturity.